Saturday, October 25, 2008

RKC Snatch Test & Other Stuff..

I decided to to a trial run of the RKC Snatch Test this morning. At 165 lbs I need to get 75 snatches with the 24kg bell in 5 minutes. Resting is permitted as long as you do not drop the bell and you can switch hands as many times as you want. I did 40 reps in 2 minutes - rested for 1 minute and did another 40 reps in the final 2 minutes to get 80 total reps in the allotted 5 minutes. I can do a lot better but have the test passed before I even start preparing. I made sure I came to a complete stop at the top of each rep as well.

Then I did High Intensity Interval Training on the treadmill at an incline of 15%. I alternated between walking at 4 MPH and running at 8mph for 30 seconds. I did this for 15 minutes. According to the treadmill I burned 257 calories and reached a maximum heart rate of 180 beats per minute.

I finished with some upper body kettlebell exercises after frying my legs with the snatches and HIIT training.

I used the 24kg bells for all exercises:

Floor Press - 3x10
Military Press - 3x10
Two Hand Curl - 3x10
Upright Row - 3x10
Shrugs - 3x10

No comments: