Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Paleo Diet and Crossfit: A Match Made in Heaven?

I started my journey with the Paelo Diet 15 days ago and wanted to share my thoughts. It has been a great change of pace for me as I have been following the Anabolic Diet (low carb Monday- Friday...High Carb Saturday and Sunday) for about five years. My diet did not include hardly any fruits and vegetables and was punctuated with alot of junk on the weekends. This worked for me (weight wise as I lost almost 40 pounds) and made life easy on the weekends but I don't know how "healthy" it was for me internally.

I have felt great over the last two weeks and have not cheated once. Furthermore I have not really been tempted to cheat. "Cheating" for me now consists of having a few handfuls of raisins and some whey protein powder after I work out. I am focused on improving my recovery time after training so I can improve my strength and strength-endurance during my training.

Below is a good interview on The Paelo Diet and Crossfit. I hope you find in informative.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/10/01/interview-with-the-paleo-kitchen-and-a-crossfit-instructor/

No comments: