Friday, June 1, 2007

Core & Spint Incline

I trained core today and finished with another sprint incline interval.

My core training looked like this:

Hanging Leg Raises - 5 sets of 10 - 50 reps
Plank - 30 seconds - 5 sets - 2.5 minutes total

The above was done in a superset with no rest in between.

Then I did the following in a superset with no rest in between:

Roman Chair Lifts - 5 sets of 10 - 50 reps
Decline Sit Ups - 5 sets of 10 - 50 reps


My heart rate was 160 just from the core work with no rest. I finished up with 15 minutes of incline interval sprints on the treadmill. The incline is 15% at all times and I alternated walking at 4 mph for 40 seconds and sprinting for 20 seconds. I worked my sprints from 5 mph all the way to 10 mph. I tell you what.....20 seconds of sprinting at 10mph on a 15% incline is a lot harder than I thought it would be. It is a 6 minute mile pace. My stats were 260 calories burned with a maximum heart rate of 184 during the 15 minute workout.

I am scheduled for a steroid shot/nerve block into C7 next Thursday. I am hoping that this alleviates my pinched nerve and allows me to resume regular training. Even if I feel much better next weekend after the shot I have decided to take at least another week of rest from upper body training before I try to push it again.

No comments: