Tuesday, June 12, 2007

HIT - Day 2

Today was day 2 of my High Intensity Training cycle. My upper body muscles have experienced some major atrophy with the lack of training over the last two months. It is going to take a few weeks to get back into a grove and increasing the weight by any substantial amount.

Leg Curl - 110 lbs/12 reps
Leg Ext - 150 lbs/12 reps
Leg Press - 540 lbs/12 reps
DB Pullover - 65 lbs/12 reps
Bench - 165 lbs/12 reps
Row - 165 lbs/12 reps
Overhead Press - 100 lbs/12 reps
Strait Curl - 75 lbs/12 reps
Tri Ext - 65 lbs/12 reps
Wrist Curl - 75 lbs/12 reps
Standing Calf - 395 lbs/12 reps
Trunk Curl - 25 reps
Pec Dec - 150 lbs/12 reps

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do HIT off and on and find it very effective. Alot of people report and agree with you that if HIT is used in a linear way it is most effective and best used cyclically for about 6-8 weeks. I have read some people use HIT in a nonlinear form of periodization on their "repetition day" not max strength or power day. If HIT is done in a nonlinear periodization it would allow you to use HIT on a more year round type basis instead of a straight 8 weeks HIT cycle then switch to something else. I am trying figure out a good way of incorporating this conjugate type periodization into my training using HIT on my repetition day using a combination of Kbells on some days, traditional dbells/barbells and actual equipment on other days but still working out the kinks of the program. Anyways..my point is..HIT is good stuff when done right. I like it more than EDT..but that's me.

Rob O'Brien said...

Ryan,

I had great success when I tried it a few years ago and I think it will work well as I try to build up strength. I am using mostly machines and free weights right now but plan on adding kettlebells. I like EDT a bit more but the volume that comes with it probably added to my disk problem. I need to work around my injury going forward.

Best,
Rob