Thursday, June 7, 2007

Legs & Sprint Incline

I took yesterday OFF from training.

Today (6/7) I did another leg workout . I have been doing pistols with my body weight and need to start adding resistance. I started with the 4 kg bell today and am aiming to eventually get to the 32 kg bell by the end of the year. 4kg is pathetic but it is a start.

Single Leg Step Ups - 50 sets of 10 each leg - 50 reps each leg
Pistols - 4kg bell - 5 sets of 5 each leg - 25 reps each leg
One Leg Deadlift - 20kg bell - 5 sets of 5 each leg
Calf Raises - 5 sets of 10 each leg - 50 reps each leg

I finished with 20 minutes of incline (15%) sprint cardio on the treadmill. I walked for 40 seconds at 4 mph and sprinted for 20 seconds each minute. My sprint speed increased from 7 mph up to 12 mph (one time...last sprint). I burned 363 calories and had a maximum heart rate of 182.

I am getting the steroid/nerve block shot today so we shall see how I feel this weekend.

No comments: