Sunday, June 3, 2007

Killer Training Today!

After yesterdays carb up I felt really strong this morning. I had a box of cocoa pebbles, pizza, ice cream and a few beers yesterday...kinda crazy when you think about it but I felt stronger this morning and leaner than I was all week without carbs.

So today I went to the gym with training legs my main focus. I decided to use the 40 lb Xvest for my leg training.

My training was done in circuit fashion with no rest in between sets. It looked like this:

Prisoner Squats - 40 lb Xvest - 5 sets 0f 10 - 50 reps
Sumo Deadlifts - 40 lb Xvest- 5 sets of 10 - 50 reps
Dragon Walks - 40 lb Xvest - 5 sets of 10 steps each leg - 50 steps each leg
Calf Raises - 40 lb Xvest - 5 sets of 10 reps each leg - 50 reps each leg

The I got on the treadmill with the Xvest on. I walked/jogged for 20 minutes @ a 15% incline varying the speed for 4 mph to 5 mph. I burned 367 total calories and my maximum heart rate was 194. I was smoked about still had a little left in me.

So as a finished I did:

4 set of 25 decline sit ups - 100 reps
2 sets of 30 second - planks
and 2 sets of 30 seconds - child's pose

This was probably my hardest workout in a few months. I think it was even more intense than when I tried the "300" workout in March. I can't wait to start training upper body again!

No comments: