Friday, August 17, 2007

EDT - Whole Body & Pikes

Today I trained my whole body EDT style.

PR One - 15 Minutes

Alternating Hang C & P's - 16kg bells - 8 sets of 5 - 40 reps each arm - 80 total reps
Alternating Swiss Ball Incline Chest Presses - 16kg bells - 8 sets of 5 - 45 reps each arm - 80 total reps

I rested 4 minutes between PR's

PR Two - 10 Minutes

Snatches - 24kg bell - 5 sets of 5 - 25 reps each arm - 50 total reps
Renegade Rows - 24kg bells - 5 sets of 5 each arm - 50 total reps

The first PR was tough because it was the first time in a while I have tried chest presses. I have been doing push ups to build up my chest strength and want to keep progressing without injuring myself again. The disk problem in my neck seems to be in check. Both exercises done back to back really fry your chest, tri's and shoulders!

In the second PR I decided to go heavier than I have been training lately and focus on strict form during the exercises. I try to use mostly my legs and hip snap during the snatches and focused on keep my back as strait as a board during the renegade rows.

I finished my training with 5 sets of 5 pikes. If you do not know what a pike is - it is a hanging leg raise where you bring your strait legs all the way up to your hands as you are hanging from a pull up bar or beam. It is a notch above the regular HLR in terms of difficulty and really fries your abs, lower back and stretches your hamstrings and hip flexors. A great exercise but not easy to master.

No comments: