Tuesday, March 20, 2007

10 Minutes Snatches 16kg Bell & Xvest Training

After a day off yesterday to recover from my "300" experience I felt motivated to snatch again. I was thinking about how tough the 1000 rep challenge would be with the 16kg bell and wanted to gage my readiness. I decided to do 10 minutes of snatches nonstop with the 16kg bell. I made it the full time with 233 reps completed. It was a sense of accomplishment but put the SSST in perspective. I have allot of work to do to get the same numbers with the 24kg bell. I also have a long way to go to be able to complete 1000 reps with the 16kg bell in under an hour without setting down the bell. Oh well, goals are set for eventual achievement!

After my snatches I felt compelled to do some Xvest Training. I did the following in a circuit with the 40lb Xvest:

3 sets of 8 Dive Bomber Push ups/Pikes
3 sets of 8 Neutral Grip Pull ups
3 sets of 8 Dips

then I finished with a superset of the following (no rest between each exercise):

Get Up Sit-Ups 2 sets of 5 each arm
Superplanks 2 sets of 5

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

1000 reps! I knew I liked you for a reason- you are nuts! hardcore to the max. excellent.a worthy goal.have fun

Rob O'Brien said...

I have an 8 year old and triplet 3 year olds. I figure my wife does the equivelant of 1000 reps on a daily basis. Life seems to put everything else in perspective!