Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Two Handed Swings & Double Snatches


I have not done two handed swings in a while and did not make it to the gym this morning so I decided to keep my training brief and basic this afternoon.

I did 10 sets of 20 Two Handed Swings with the 24kg bell (200 reps)

then I felt pretty good and wanted to test my strength after the swings so I did:

2 sets of 3 Double Snatches with the 32kg bells (6 not so easy reps)

My hands are like ground beef now. All the snatching lately beat them up and the double snatches were the final straw. But that being said if you have never tried double snatches give them a try. It is an awesome feeling to double snatch two 32kg bells especially at a bodyweight of 160 lbs!

In addition to the upcoming RKC in June I am considering going to Cincinnati, Ohio for the American Kettlebell Club Certification . Knowledge is power and I am all for learning from people with more experience than me. If I do go I will publish my thoughts and feedback here for everyone to read.

5 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

2x32 kg snatches!! wow. thats serious dude, very impressive.

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks Mark! Feels great getting them up there. It is a commitment for sure. I am looking forward to seeing "300"!

Anonymous said...

Rob, this is Charley from kbconnection. I am going to Cincinatti June. I will share my thoughts with you when I return. I agree, there is so much to learn about using these cannonballs with handles.

Rob O'Brien said...

Charley,

Cool! I am thinking of going in May. I want to go in April but have a work conference and will be in Philly.
Rob

Anonymous said...

The USGSF has workshops in San Diego about once a month. They go over snatch, jerk, juggling etc. They will also be hosting the USA Chamiponships and World Championships in kettlebell lifting. Check out their site www.usgsf.com They have one day seminars, 3 day certifications and a list of upcoming competitions.