Sunday, March 18, 2007

"300"

Today I decided to try the workout inspired by the movie 300. I have seen it posted in a few places but took it off the site of the trainer who actually trained the actors for the movie. (http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=35)

I did the following

25x Pull-up +
50x Deadlift @ 135# +
50x Push-up +
50x Box Jump @ 24” box +
50x Floor Wiper @ 135# (one-count) +
50x KB Clean and Press @ 36# (KB must touch floor between reps) +
25x Pull-up

300 reps total

The deadlifts and box jumps (actually bench jumps at my gym) were the most difficult for me because I do not do much barbell deadlifts and my legs were fried then I started the box jumps. My heart was racing the whole time. I finished in about 17 minutes but realize that my form was not perfect on every reps. I will try to do it again in a week or two but will try to have every rep be just like the one before.

I finished with:
3 sets of 8 Hanging Leg Raises
3 sets of 8 Ab Wheel Pikes
4 sets of Farmers Walks - 150 feet each - 32kg bells

4 comments:

Fitgirl-ATX said...

Hi Rob,

It looks like you SMOKED the 300!!! Man, your time was amazing! I am looking forward to giving it a try. BTW - nice blog!

Nia

Rob O'Brien said...

Nia,

Thanks on both accounts! The 300 was intense although I need to be more strict on my pullups...especially the last set.

Thanks on the blog. Just trying to keep myself and others motivated.

Best,
Rob

PS. Let me know when you get the vest. I may try the 300 with the vest on down the road.

Royce said...

DUDE, you did that it 17 minutes and THEN did some finishers???
man are you in shape!

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks!

I am trying. I have an 8 year old and triplet 3 year old so I need to be in shape!