Saturday, March 17, 2007

GS EVENT - 70 Snatch Reps - New PR!


I drove out to Great Barrington, MA (120 miles one way) this morning after 9 inches of snow last night for the Cross World GS Event. My goal was 80 total reps after completing 58 reps at my first event in September 2006. I ended up getting 70 reps (35 each arm) with the 24kg bells. Not my goal but I was happy considering it is 20% better than last time, the first time I have ever used the competition kettlebells and a new PR snatching with only one hand swich. Hopefully I can get another 20% increase next time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job with the snatch..How many jerks did you do?

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks!

I did not Jerk. I need alot of work on my form before I start in competition. Right now I do more of a push press.

Marko Suomi said...

Nice work !!

Rob O'Brien said...

Marco,

Thanks! How did you do in the Long Cycle?

Rob

Marko Suomi said...

I got to 6:40, and did 15 reps, really slow pace. Hands were burning :) I was really happy about the time, because the last time I did 2x24 jerks, I only got to 5min.

After that I tried snatching the 16kg, did 10:00, and 104 reps. First time I ever got to 10min with any weight. Next time I can work with the 24kg traditional style.

Rob O'Brien said...

Congrats. I need to get my Jerk form down. I also need to work on my snatch pace. I only made it 3:45 and want to eventually get to the full 10 minutes.