Monday, March 26, 2007

Windmills - Two Hands Anyhow - 2 Mile Run

I decided to easy back a bit on my intensity as I am probably over training (even with two days a week off). I was going to run with the 40lb xvest today but will make that a thing to do down the road.

I decided to do some drills for my core and some two hand anyhows just for fun. I tweaked my right shoulder yesterday (probably from the 32kg snatches) and want to make sure I don't take a step back towards injury. I am glad I did not try sets of snatches with the 40kg bell which I almost did because I felt so strong. My arm would probably be in a sling right now.

Very short training today. More a workout for my mind than anything else.

Windmills - 28kg - 3 sets of 5 each side - 30 reps total
Two Hand Anyhows - 16kg bells - 5 reps each side - 10 total reps

In the afternoon I went for a short (2 mile) run. I have not run more than 5 miles at once since I ran the Boston Marathon in 1998. It felt good for a change of pace but I can not believe I made it 26.2 miles! I was bored after the first step. Hopefully the shoulder feels better tomorrow.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Good deal :) Hope the shoulder feels better!

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks! Much appreciated...and so do I!

Mark Reifkind said...

be very careful with your shoulder rob, I have just come out of the end of a long two and half year rehab on my rotator cuff and it aint no fun! back off rather than fall off!

the loads on the shoulder with kb work are considerable.no joke.

Rob O'Brien said...

Mark,

I agree and will heed your warning.

Rob