Friday, March 30, 2007

Rehab - Slingshots/DARC Swings....

My shoulder feels great..... now the pain is in my trap/lat and my tri. I did some very light (12kg & 16kg) slingshots and DARC swings today to loosen up my muscles and get the blood flowing. I also did some stretching of my back & lats by hanging from a pull up bar. I obviously jumped of the peak last week when I felt very strong. I am going to keep my head going forward and not get too crazy in terms of weight and intensity. If you know me that is easier said than done!

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

sorry rob but I saw that coming.you should read this article on pre/rehab of the rotator cuff , this is what fixed my shoulder after two years of rotator problems:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1426252


I do the overhead upward shrugs with just an empty bar

good luck and take this seriously as it can mess up a lot of things.

Rob O'Brien said...

Mark,

My shoulder feels great. I pinched a nerve and amd having pain in my tri. It is getting better. I did a light rehab workout today. I will heed your warning.

Rob