Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Return of the Kettlebell" - Week 5/ Day 2...

I am back to the grind block today: Double Snatch, Double Press, Double Squat and Deadlifts. I added another ladder to make it 5 ladders of 3 rungs.

I used the 24kg & 32kg bells - "Medium" day

Double Snatch into Press:
1x1 1 rep
1x2 2 reps
1x3 3 reps and 5 squats

I did the above 5 times

I finished with:

Deadlifts - 24kg & 32kg bells - 2x20

15 double snatches
30 double presses
25 double squats
40 deadlifts

110 reps @ 56kg per rep = 13,552lbs lifted

Next week I will try to decrease the time from start to finish. I completed my training in 24 minutes today.

5 comments:

James said...

Rob,

Ok..wait a minute, I have been trying to calculate your lift totals for a while now. The only way I can figure is that you are doing double snatches and press with two kettlebells in one hand.

Is that true?

Or are you using two different kettlebells in each hand?

James

Rob O'Brien said...

James,

I reccomend that you follow this link:

http://www.dragondoor.com/?affid=30944

and purchase "Return of the Kettlebell". It is worth the money. It layes everything out.

I am doing double snatches into double pressed with a different size bell in each hand on mondays and wednesdays (16kg/32kg and 24kg/32kg) and the same size (32kg/32kg) on fridays.

So today everything was done with a 24kg AND 32kg bell at same time thus all lifts were 56kg.

I hope this helps.

Rob

James said...

Rob,

Thanks, yes it is on my list to purchase this week.

Thanks again,

James

KettlebellsInParis said...

Hi,

Your blog has been my inspiration for 6 months now. I have never seen so much commitment in kettlebell training.

From France

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks!

I love it and hope to inspire others as well. I have been training with kbs for almost 6 years and my wife and I became RKC's in April. I feel better at age 40 than I did at 20. Keep up the hard work!

Rob